African Urantia Conference 2018 at Accra
The African Urantia Conference was held in Ghana from April 20 to 22, 2018 at the African Regent Hotel in Accra.
The conference brought together about forty (40) Urantia Book readers, nationals from eight (8) African countries, and some representatives of Urantia Association International, namely Chris Wood and Luis Garcia. African participants were nationals of the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Cameroon, Benin, Ethiopia and Côte d’Ivoire. The aim of this conference, held after the International Amsterdam Conference, was to forge closer links between African readers of the Urantia Book from English-speaking and French-speaking African countries. It was an opportunity to share experiences and information on Urantia Association International, to contribute to reflections on the objectives of the spiritual fraternity of men and acknowledgement of God’s paternity.
Pato Banton was in charge of organising the event, supported by his wife Antoinette Rootsdawtah and Urantia Ghana through Collins Lomo and Kwadjo Spiri.
The conference, dubbed “Mama Africa Mother Spirit” highlights the importance of women in spirituality on the African Continent, as was illustrated by the presence and pertinent contributions from African women throughout the event.
After the welcome session and opening music, presentations were made on a wide range of themes in two sessions as follows:
- Presentation of Urantia Association International by Chris Wood and Luis Garcia.
- Presentation of Urantia Association of Senegal (ASREFLU) and its relations with readers of Europe, USA and Canada since 2000 through the teaching method of Moussa, (by Moustapha K. Ndiaye).
- Presentation of Urantia Ghana Association (by Collins Lomo and Kwadjo Spiri).
- Presentation on Spiritual Kiai by Emeka Anazodo
- Presentation on Self-discovery in Love Relationships by Ady Namaran Coulibaly
- Music (piano) by Antoinette Rootsdawtah
- Presentation on Heartfullness Meditation by Samrawit Muluneh
- Presentation of Charity Charles and Odochi Nzeako
- Presentation of Sunshine Anazodo
- Presentation of Antoinette Rootsdawtah
- Presentation of Bibie Brew
- Presentation of Chris Wood
- Presentation of Pato Banton on the importance of equality and complementarity between men and women concerning missions linked to planetary ages.
Participants congratulated Pato Banton on the success of the event, Urantia Ghana Association for the quality of the organisation and all Urantia Book readers present for their important contributions. It was announced that the next Urantia Conference in Africa will be held in Nigeria in 2019.